We use a wide range of experimental tools and techniques to address the question of how people make use of their knowledge of language in real time, and what the nature of that knowledge is.
Current projects include:
- online morphological structure building
- lexical vs. compositional sources of semantic complexity
- the interpretation of iterated events
- the processing of irregular allomorphs
- the morpho-semantics of generalisations cross-linguistically
- cross-linguistic differences in the lexicalisation of concepts and the organisation of semantic systems (as a collaborator on the Evolution in Semantic Systems Project)